I wanted to start off by saying it is an honor to be on this blog, thank you all for taking time out of your busy days to read this. I hope I will be able to help you understand why wedding photography is so valuable.
I know a lot of couples that are in sticker shock when it comes to wedding photography. A lot of couples ask why is it so expensive for pictures?!
Well, if you understand the true value of wedding photography, you will understand why.
1. Wedding Photography has back end value. You won’t understand how valuable it is until you enjoy it when the product is done.
2. What would you do if you lose all your images? A professional photographer invests a lot of money and time into data storage. I personally have four storage locations for every single wedding.
3. How long will you be able to enjoy your images? Forever!
4. When you pass away the value increases.
When your great-great grand children have your wedding album. The value of your wedding photos will be priceless.
5. Style. The style of wedding photography is an extension of who you are.
6. Your wedding is only one day, but your images are one of the only items that will last forever.
Just remember most people will spend $18,000-$35,000 on a new car, which will last them 10 years. After the 10 years, this car will be worth way less. A wedding photographer will cost around $3500, but the value will increase in time.
Make a good investment! Do not regret who you hired.